Do you want to know what is the process to build a house in the country?
We tell you about the usual steps... and how to save time with our modular homes.
Behind the (achievable) dream of living in the middle of the countryside there is a whole process to build the house. And it has to do not only with putting one brick on top of another or, in our case, joining one module to another, but also with the administrative and technical procedures.
In the following lines we tell you about the stages of this process when it comes to building a house in the country in the conventional way and, in addition, we compare it with the stages that we follow in tini® with our innovative modular houses . This will allow you to understand the enormous difference in time and comfort between one method and the other.
Process for building a conventional house
Generally speaking, it can be said that the process of building a house in the country consists of the following stages when it is done in a conventional way:
- Analysis and choice of the land: is it urban or rustic? Is it necessary to deed it? This is the time to find out more about the project in order to avoid unexpected surprises.
- Elaboration of the project, with collegiate visa and geotechnical study.
- Urban development license application.
- Application for a building permit.
- Start of work in the field, after having received the approval of the City Council.
- Black work: earthwork, foundations and construction of structures.
- Gray work: construction of walls and walls, installation of hydraulic, sanitary and electrical installations, connections, waterproofing, etc.
- White work: everything that has to do with the final finishes, exterior carpentry, etc.
The estimated time of this process to build a house in the countryside varies greatly from one case to another and depends on many factors: agility with the municipal procedures, speed of the architects, characteristics of the land, size of the house, materials used, complexity of the finishes...
However, it is not unreasonable to say that the whole process of building a house in the country can take about 1 year, if everything goes well.
Process to enjoy your tini®
As you can see, we do not use the term build because our tinis® are not built in the classic way, but in a faster, more efficient and environmentally friendly way. In short, with a more innovative concept. For this reason, we usually speak of house fabrication .
These are the steps we usually follow to provide you with one of our tinis®:
- Analysis and choice of the land: is it urban or rustic? Is it necessary to deed it? At this point, we will advise you and solve your doubts.
- Project development: in fact, our projects are already designed in advance, especially in the S and M models, and the customer can decide whether or not to customize the details (interior finishes, exteriors, rooms, etc.). In the case of multi-module tinis® , this customization work extends to the layout of the spaces.
- Administrative formalities with the municipality: we include them in the same step because we can take care of them all, applying a fee of 5% of the cost of the project. These formalities are the delivery of the approved project, the topographic and geotechnical study, the application for the relevant licenses, etc.
- Manufacture of the house: we can start it while the municipal procedures are still in progress, since this manufacture is carried out in our warehouse, not on the ground. In this way, we speed up the process considerably.
- Site preparation work: earthworks, foundations, preparation of connections, etc. As our tinis® are small in size and have a very simple structure, this work does not require much time (approximately one week).
- Transport of the tini®: when your house has been finished in our warehouse, we proceed to take it to its final location. Apart from the distance to be covered, this is also a quick step, because in a couple of hours everything can be assembled and ready to move in.
- Elaboration of the final construction project: in charge of the quantity surveyor and architect.
If we compare these stages with the process to build a house in the country in a conventional way, the difference is abysmal: the manufacture and installation of the tini® usually takes 60 days, from the moment of the beginning of the works in the building to the moment of the delivery of the keys. In these 60 days we do not count the time it takes to process the licenses, as this does not depend on us but on each municipality: some municipalities are faster than others when reviewing the documentation, so we cannot give an exact deadline.
In addition, it should be noted that there may be variations. For example, if you decide to make it 100% self-sufficient, these variations will delay delivery by a few days or perhaps a week. In any case, the manufacturing of a tini® will always be faster than the process of building a house in the countryside in the traditional way, and also more environmentally friendly!
How would you like to live?
At tini we build lifestyles, ways of feeling and enjoying unique spaces. Spaces with life for a better life.